Saturday, September 09, 2006

My Spontaneous Side

ISO someone to go to DisneyWorld with me at the end of the month. I'm going for four days. Mom put the idea into my head, and I suddenly realised that I haven't had a "girls' trip" since before I had kids. However, she already has plans that weekend.

This will be the first time I am away from both Chris and the kids doing something fun since before Athena entered the picture.

I may not go to Disney. I may go see my sister in San Fran. The trouble with that is 1-I don't want to fly across the country without an iPod or my cross stitch or my laptop, 2-I don't want to spend most of my four days off traveling, 3-I don't want to hang out by myself while my sister works.

If I'm going to be by myself, I'd rather be at DisneyWorld. So... anyone want to come along? It's pretty cheap, as I would be footing the lodging with timeshare points. The International Food and Wine festival will be going on at EPCOT. Any takers?

5 comments:

Jason said...

I think you can still take your iPod and laptop on domestic flights.

Jason said...

PS: Why don't you come down here and you and Sophie and Bernie can go to Carowinds? You three could go to Cherokee and play slots or something.

eaf said...

Ha! Actually, I woke up this morning thinking that Carowinds might just do the trick. I think I'll look into train schedules today.

Although I'm guessing that Sophie won't want to be away from Elise all day, so the Carowinds part may be Bernie and me and Jason if you wish...

eaf said...

Gah! Carowinds is closed for a private event that weekend. However, perhaps the following weekend... I'll call you guys today.

Bern said...

Well, Jason just spoke to EAF. We can't do it in Oct.
Too bad:( So sorry.
I'm sure we'll have one weekend to do that someday.