Sunday, July 09, 2006

Stuff

Well, the new disposable bottles didn't work out. Not at all. They made Marcus miserably gassy. I mean, REALLY gassy. Like cry-and-scream-for-an-hour gassy. It's a real pisser as I had already purchased my full stock of them before they started making him the world's grumpiest baby. So I'm back to the expensive Dr. Brown's bottles, and I'm out about $30. Nice, eh?

We saw Pirates of the Caribbean tonight with Aiden's parents. The kids stayed home with a sitter, as the content of this movie isn't really suitable for kids. Of course, that didn't stop some parents from bringing their little ones, but not everyone is as perfect in the parenting department as we are. I completely enjoyed myself. Many buckles were swashed. And how Depp makes those horrible teeth sexy I will never understand. But he does. *sigh*

Experienced a surreal parade in downtown Apex that was staged for a documentary on NHL fans or something. We just stumbled upon it. There were a handful of people there to be on camera. We, on the other hand, just ducked into a restaurant.

Made cookies today. I love making cookies. Makes me feel so "Donna Reed." And then later, it makes me feel fat.

Jason and Bernie stopped by today. We miss having Jason so close by since he moved to Charlotte, and we haven't been able to spend a lot of time with Bernie, since they married after he moved away. Although they knew each other when he lived here, she lived half-way around the world. So it wasn't until they married that she moved here. Anyway, it was good to see them. And they lavished gifts on Marcus. I have hidden the gifts for when Marcus is older and can defend them from his sister, who would claim them as hers in a heartbeat.

We saw one of my sorority sisters last night, along with her husband and their two boys. I have only barely kept in touch with her since I graduated, but we finally arranged to get together for dinner and general backyard mayhem for her kids and ours. It was truly an enjoyable evening.

So all totaled, we spent the weekend with three different sets of friends from three different phases of our lives. I knew Heather in college, then Chris knew Jason from work in the early part of our marriage, and then finally I know Kathryn from my current job. A weekend like this makes me consider how lucky I am to have the friends I have. Let's face it, I can be downright grumpy and hard to deal with from time to time, and yet I have friends who stick with me through many many many many years. In fact, in my circle of closest friends, I count people who I have known from as far back as 8th grade. Really impressive that they even still talk to me considering what a royal diva bitch I was in high school.

So let that be a lesson to you, new friends! Once we're friends, you can never get rid of me! Mwuahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

If this becomes the plot of the next big horror movie, I'm suing. And I'm totally sharing the settlement with my poor friends who put up with me.

3 comments:

Chris said...

On the other hand, I'm relatively easy to get rid of. I only talk to one person I went to college with and no one before that. Go figure.

Bern said...

Thanks for having us over for lunch. And oh, those marvelous homemade cookies.. yummmm!!
Glad we finally got to meet Marcus. He is such an adorable little man.

Jessica said...

Ugh, those horrible Dr. Browns! I always used Avent with my daughter and when Dylan took a bottle, ah those were the days.
Now he's addicted to the boob and he won't take a bottle at all.