Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Comfort Items

You may recall that Athena regularly -- almost without fail -- takes two things to bed with her. Her dudicorn, and her bankie. Heaven help us if we ever lose this unicorn because it was a gift from Grandma K., and I suspect even she doesn't remember where she got it.

Anyway, tonight, she wanted to take her newest toy to bed with her. Her long-handled battle axe.

I'm not kidding.

We went to get her Halloween costume tonight, and we chose a lovely velvet princess dress to go with the plastic battle axe that she would NOT PUT DOWN. Actually, she wanted two. I convinced her one made her plenty menacing enough as she tried to mow down several innocent Target shoppers.

As expected, her father is giddy with pride. I think he's planning to buy her her very first D&D Players Guide for Christmas. He got her dice last year. What have I gotten myself into?!

Send... help... please...

9 comments:

Chris said...

She loves helping with my game on Monday night. She grabs the dice and throws them across the table, much to the detriment (physically and in-game) of the players around the table. She thinks it's great fun!

Of course, the thought of her dressed as a princess and carrying around that battle axe does bring a tear to my eye. I'm getting emotional.

Anonymous said...

Awesome...is she going to bring it to Thanksgiving? I'll have to tell Dave! I am getting more excited by the day about the visit to MD!!!

eaf said...

At this point, I haven't really been able to wrestle it from her grasp, so be prepared for near-beheadings at Thanksgiving!

Jessica said...

Geez! My kid's gonna be a butterfly...no stabbing implements, no beheadings...at least, none that we've SPECIFICALLY planned.

What's Marcus gonna dress as?

Brant said...

1. One of the funniest things I saw ar Origins 05 was the little stuffed demon with the tag "baby's first Cthulu" on it.

2. My son loves rolling dice for me. I've got him playing a dumbed down version of Heroscape with me (which already a dumbed-down game). He likes helping me with Carcassonne, too.

3. If you guys had listened to me, and stuck with "Ironblade" instead of "Marcus" you might have a better argument with Athena to put the battleaxe down.

eaf said...

Jess - Marcus will be a spider or a dragon, depending on how cold it is. The spider was Athena's costume, but it was so hot that year she couldn't wear it for long. We inherited a dragon costume that has a little button on the front that roars when you push it. Although the dragon would go better with the axe-wielding princess, I'm afraid Athena would just keep pushing her brother in the chest all night to make him roar. Besides, the spider is REALLY cute.

Brant, you can name your next child Ironblade, k?

Chris said...

Brant, we play Carcassonne at work every once in a while - cool game, I might pick it up at some point.

Yeah, I think the axe-wielding princess and the dragon go perfect together. We'll see how it works out on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Dave is excited about Thanksgiving will bring! He said that he is having a good time imagining the smile on Chris' face!!!

Jessica said...

We've got no consonance on our Halloween costumes this year. A butterfly and a pumpkin...
Maybe next year...spider and fly?