Monday, October 30, 2006

Time Out for Mommy

I've been put in Time Out by my daughter twice since this past weekend.

Incident #1:

Me: Athena! Stop waving that battle-axe around! You are going to kill someone! Perhaps even me!

Athena: No, Mommy! *still waving the damn thing around*

Me: ATHENA!!!

Athena: Noooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooo! No, Mommy!

Me: I'm going to take it away from you.

Athena: Mommy! I want you to look at me! No look at Marcus! Look at me!

Me: *blink*

Athena: Mommy, now you go into Time Out now. *pointing to chair* Okay?

Me: *blink*

I think she diffused that situation quite well, don't you?

Incident #2:

Athena: *splash, splash, splashing in the tub*

Me: Athena stop!

Athena: *tossing wet washcloth against the wall across the bathroom*

Me: ATHENA!

Athena: Mommy Time Out now.

Me: *blink*

See, the thing is... we have only put her in Time Out once. And that was weeks ago. Methinks she gets many a Time Out at daycare.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to be on my best behavior. She's cracking down on me.

6 comments:

Sophie said...

Jeez... I'd rather have to go to time out than get beaten up by the battle axe. Consider yourself lucky, and BEHAVE!

Jessey said...

Oh, that is too funny!

My little angel toddler has a nasty habit of interrupting her father and I when we are trying to have a conversation:

"Mommy? What are you doing mommy? Mommy? What are you doing mommy? Mommy! You need to answer to me mommy!!!"

Katy said...

Man! Two-year-olds are crazy bossy, aren't they?

eaf said...

Crazy bossy is a total understatement. She is basically a walking nuclear bomb that can go off again and again at any moment without provocation.

Bern said...

Mommy has to be a good girl then :)

Jessey said...

Crazy. Bossy. Crazy again. Yes. All true.