Tuesday, June 13, 2006

iPod, uPod, We All Pod for iPod!

Guess what I got for my birthday from my mom? It's not like it's something I needed, and I really could have just used the money to pay a bill or two, but it's sleek and sexy and really more useful than I imagined.

For example, now when someone asks me if I have a picture of my kids, I can say... "No. I have two HUNDRED pictures of them," and whip out the old iPod. On top of that, I'll never miss another episode of VH1's The Best Week Ever, as I have subscribed to it via PodCast. And I can listen to all the book reviews all day from NPR in their PodCast as well. Hey! It's work-related. Perhaps I can get paid for that time...

And let's not forget the thousands of songs I can put on there. I probably shouldn't have taken so much time picking and choosing songs to rip. This baby could hold all the CD's I own in their entirety. Of course, then I wouldn't have as much room for Best Week Ever...

But that's not all! Did you know that iPod can pull your contacts from Outlook? So since I can't sync my Palm to Lotus Notes and I can't use the calendar function in LN anyway because I work at multiple workstations, now I can move my contacts to my iPod and leave the Palm at home. There is also a calendar, but it looks clunky... and there are even games. Hooray!

I do want to get new earphones though. I don't mind the white, stand-out design so much, but honestly, they aren't very comfortable.

I'm telling you, this librarian is so with it... perhaps I should call this blog, "The Hip Mommy Librarian."

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Coooool. I love gadgets, especially when they're so multitasky!

eaf said...

I really have to keep my gadget-y cravings in check. I think gadgets are great, and I could really overdo it if I'm not careful.

Anonymous said...

Uh..happy belated birthday?

Anonymous said...

Weird...anonymous was me :)

Jason said...

I got the nicest set of 'phones ever when I got my Zen. They have 3 different-sized sets of soft earbud pads included. I'll get the brand name off of them when I get home.

Hard earbuds, especially the one-size-fits-everyone-but-Jason ones hurt me.

Jessica said...

this post made me want an iPod even though I already have a Philips PSS and Bob has Sirius...I think we're good with musical gadgets for awhile.

Chris said...

Her birthday is on the 28th - two weeks from today. You have time, Sophie.

Anonymouslemming said...

Have a look at the Sony Fontopia headphones. While I'm always loathe to recommend the evil that is Sony, these are really comfortable and relatively good sounding headphones.

The're around $30 I think, and mine tend to last about a year to 18 months. It's still cheaper to buy a pair of these every year for 4 years than it is to buy really expensive ones and hope they last :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to cult of iPod!

Two things about the ear buds. Not only are they are uncomfortable, but they will also fall out if you are trying to clean the house or walk around. Unfortunately, their sound quality seems to be better than all the inexpensive (under $35) earphones/buds that I tried out at Best Buy.

Anybody else done any comparisions?

eaf said...

Thanks, Cathy! I'm pleased to once again have a Mac product in the family. And thanks, lemming (and you KNOW who you are) for the earbud recommendation. I'll check it out. Any other suggestions are welcome!