This brings up the fact that my son and my daughter are eerily similar. In fact, there are many coincidences already, and Marcus has only been alive (outside the womb) for four weeks. Now I know that one isn't supposed to compare one's children lest one feel that a particular child is favored... but let's see just for fun:
- Marcus and Athena are almost exactly as far apart in age as my sister and I are. Only three days off.
- Both Chris and Marcus were born on holidays that you don't get off work for. (Chris on Halloween and Marcus on St. Patrick's Day)
- For both children, I went into labor around 9:30 exactly four nights before they were each due. Athena was due on a Monday, I went into labor Thursday night. Marcus was due on a Tuesday, I went into labor on a Friday night.
- Marcus' labor was exactly half as long as Athena's.
- Both children were born on a Friday... Athena at 2:55 am and Marcus at 11:49 pm. It will be interesting to see who is a morning person and who is an evening person. Athena is already winning the "good sleeper" award.
- Both children lost their cord stump on the day they turned four weeks old.
Now, there are differences as well:
- They had to break my water with Athena, but Marcus took care of that himself.
- Athena hated the car seat... Marcus loves it.
- Athena preferred to swing front to back in the cradle swing, while Marcus seems to be a side-to-side kind of dude.
- Athena is an outie. Marcus is an innie. (Belly buttons, folks, in case you are wondering)
- Oh, and well, they are two different sexes as well, but that goes without saying.
Perhaps you don't find this at all interesting, but I do. Just thought I'd share.