Friday, March 28, 2008

Minneapolis - Day Four

Today was a pretty standard conference day. Sessions until 2pm (including lunch with Nancy Pearl), then I hit the exhibit hall. Kim Harrison (a very popular paranormal romance author) was giving away/signing books, so I got one for myself, and as a bonus, Laura Lippman was also signing at the same booth and I got her book (free again) signed as well. I also picked up an ARC (Advance Reading Copy for those not in the biz) for Chris and his coworkers... a biographical account of some nastiness in the current war. I also happened upon the Romance Writers of America booth, where ANOTHER paranormal romance writer was signing books... AND I'd never read her... so I got her first (in a series of three so far) and she signed it for me. It looks really good.


The highlight of the day was heading over to St. Paul to see a Wild/Canucks game at the Xcel Energy Center. Here's me with the legendary Herb Brooks (he's the guy who coached the Miracle on Ice team in 1980... you know... Kurt Russell):




Tomorrow is the final day of the conference, with several sessions in the morning and the closing speaker in the afternoon (Paula Poundstone). We haven't decided for sure what we'll do with our evening, but I know I will need to get gifts for the kids as I haven't quite found the right thing yet. Sarah (my roomie) also knows of a piano/polka bar which we are dying to experience, so that's on the list as well.


Sunday will allow us to sleep in, as our plane doesn't depart until 2pm. I didn't fly American or Delta, so here's hoping everything will go smoothly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stylish hat!

eaf said...

Who said that? 'Fess up!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that Jilli dog will be on Johnny and the Sprites this coming Saturday at 7:30 on the Disney Channel. Tell Athena. It's the second segment. We got a pre-release copy of it and Jilli is oh-so-cute! Judy

eaf said...

YAY! Can't wait. We'll set the DVR.