Monday, March 12, 2007

All By Myself

I had a very quiet weekend. Chris took the kids up to Virginia to see family, and I had to work, which meant I had to stay home. We looked at going other weekends so I could join the fun, but our next free weekend is about two weeks before our Disney trip, and I will be in exit mode. Not to mention, I'd like to avoid long drives just before that SUPER long drive.

I was looking forward to the peace and quiet. I lived by myself for years before I met Chris and I rather enjoyed living alone. However, apparently I have adjusted to life in home with small children, because when the family left Friday night, I found the place eerie and spooky even. It just didn't seem right.

I thought maybe by Saturday I would have adjusted, but I didn't. In fact, my dreams that night were all horrible, violent nightmares... frequently waking me with horrible shivers and spine-tingly feelings. Not fun.

So I was mighty glad to see everybody on Sunday when I returned home from work. I think I like the full house way better than the empty one. Who woulda thunk it?!

No comments: