Friday, January 27, 2006

Any Moment Now...

...I shall be barfing. Athena has a stomach bug that has had her throwing up fruit chews and other nasty stuff since about 7:15. She really wants to be asleep, but her congestion is keeping her up and we can't give her medicine because she will throw it up. I also think the congestion is making her throw up. We've changed the sheets and the pillow, and she just finished a shower with daddy to try to clear her head the old fashioned way. She also threw up in the tub... when I was in it with her.

The nurse told us to wash our hands thoroughly. Unfortunately, I think we handled enough barf before then that it may have been too late. And let's not forget I bathed in it. I can't tell if I'm nauseated because I'm pregnant, sick from cleaning up barf, or just sick.

But I feel ooky, no doubt. Looks like our weekend of painting Athena's new room and going to birthday parties and hockey games may have just died.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Oooookay....desire to be a daddy just fell past zero.

Cathy said...

Ahhh yes, the memory of baby yack, yack...so pleasant. Think about how miserable she must be. She is so congested she can't breath through her nose and the orafice she is using to breath through keeps revolting on her and spewing yack, yack. Poor thing! I'm not sure which is worse being the parent or the child in a situation like this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the enire household does not end up sick.

Chris said...

Well, Elizabeth's prediction has died - she's happily snoring next to me at the moment. Athena is also asleep - she's propped up on her back with two pillows keeping her head up (a trick I learned from my childhood of sickness).