Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mostly Packed

For those of you who laughed at my ridiculous packing lists... I say, NYAH!

I've already packed SEVERAL things that I am fairly sure I would have forgotten had I not had a list. AND, I was able to pack far more conveniently... like making sure the right supplies are in the diaper bag vs. the suitcase.

Of course, as I say that, keep in mind I have not put this system to the test... but I'm sure it will work.

All that's left for tomorrow is the last-minute toiletries, the food, and the stuff to keep us busy in the car (those of us not driving, that is).

Hilton Head is our first stop. It's about six hours from here. Stopping there does lengthen our overall drive, but we think it will be worth it to break the trip in smaller chunks. Plus, we are meeting 1/3 of our party there so we can caravan the rest of the way.

I'm exhausted, but excited. The weather forecast looks FABULOUS for next week at Disney. It may rain on us at Hilton Head, but that's only a layover anyway. Would have been icing on the cake to hit the pool or beach, but if we don't... well... no harm done. If it has to rain on our trip, I want it to rain tomorrow.

We're going to try to keep up with blogs while we are gone, and we are also promising ourselves to make a movie each night with the day's footage and photos. It's an ambitious goal though, and we aren't even sure we will have affordable access to the internet for postings. But we'll do our best!

3 comments:

Staci said...

YAY! I hope you have so much fun you pee a little in your panties!

Give Athena Happy Birthday smooches for me!

Be safe!

Anonymous said...

I hope you planned "extra" panties if you are going to be peeing yourself.

Chris said...

...