Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Haul

Jessey requested a run-down, so here are the highlights:

  • Two necklaces (I am shamefully short on jewelry and have only recently discoverd I enjoy wearing necklaces).
  • A purse that is made of a zipper (my mom bought it from a street vendor in South America... Brazil, I think. It's really cool... like one of those puzzle rings)
  • Clothes from my sister
  • A suit from my mother-in-law (actually, she went in on it with me a few months ago)
  • An Animal (muppets) keychain and notecards
  • A noteholder and letter opener (something I REALLY needed, actually)
  • An iTunes gift certificate (to date, I have purchased some Fergie, some Timberlake, some Eminem, some Weird Al, some Belafonte, some You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, and that "I Like to Move It" song from Madagascar (the movie, not the place). How is THAT for eclectic?

My mom bought us a joint gift... a framed picture from the Stanley Cup Finals Celebration. The coolest part is you can actually see us in the picture. We're still talking about the best place to hang it.

Chris got Guitar Hero II (from me), and actually it is our "funnest" gift. We have been playing it every night. We just got Guitar Hero (the first one) in the mail tonight, and I was just playing Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple) when Athena crept out of her room. I just put her back in bed and I'm waiting until she is definitely asleep to resume playing.

Our house looks like Toys R Us exploded in it. Athena got a Princess Castle tent from her grandma, which she LOOOOOOOOOVES and Disney Princess (sorry, Staci!) dress up shoes, rings, and bracelets from Santa. She clops around in her shoes everywhere. Four pairs of little low-heeled shoes, and she walks like a model in them. It's kind of scary. She also got a Dora rolling backpack/suitcase from her Aunt Linda, who really wants us to come to San Fran for a visit. Marcus got several toys he can bang and chew on, and a couple he can push around the room.

Overall, we were spoiled. It was a good Christmas. And to top it off, I prepared the best food of my life. For breakfast, we had a Dream Dinner... Custard French Toast with caramel and pecans and peaches. It was lovely. Then I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. And finally, I made a simple, but REALLY delicious (if I do say so myself) Christmas dinner... Roasted Beef Tenderloin with a Shallot-Merlot Sauce, Potato Gratin with Goat Cheese and Garlic, Fast Buttery Peas (with shallots and thyme), Crescent Rolls (a la Pillsbury) and an Angus Barn Chocolate Chess Pie, made completely from scratch (crust and everything).

I never brag on my cooking, but this time, I have to brag. It was a really tasty meal.

So that's the scoop. I promise to try to post more often. Things were a little hectic through the holidays, but I'm starting to come back down to Earth. I've been reading everyone else's posts, just haven't gotten around to mine! Hope you are still all out there!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Be proud of me, Elizabeth. I invented something yummy for New Year's dinner: A stuffed pork loin with cola-apple jelly-ginger glaze.

eaf said...

Great googly-moogly. That sounds like a "Hey! Let's toss this in and see what happens!" dish!

Jessica said...

I'm still out here!!
I've been a lazy poster too. But I like your new snazzy layout with a pic and all. Very nice.

Also, you could visit me and make that Christmas dinner, you know, if you were bored one day and wanted to drive 2000 or so miles, just for fun. :)

Brant said...

Damn - that's a spread. We're inviting ourselves to your place for Christmas dinner next year!
We do a cook-at-home Cracker Barrel breakfast every year and had everyone over here this year - my folks, Shelli's folks, plus my brother. We had to add a second table to fit everyone.