Monday, August 22, 2005

One Day We'll Wonder When She Will Shut Up

Athena is talking now. It's only a word here and there... Mommy, Daddy, doggie, kitty, see, yes, no, baby, and she does this little Tim Allen grunt for "What?" She isn't constructing sentences yet, but she's right on track for language.

She also cries a lot more frequently than she did. She gets very frustrated very quickly (not unlike her parents, I have to admit). For instance, tonight she was trying to pull her beloved train out of the toy box, and had not quite lifted it past the top of the box. Therefore, it kind of hung up on the thing, and rather than lift it further, she fussed. However, when I said "Lift it up more," she did, and successfully obtained said train and stopped said fussing.

In the spirit of saying a positive, then a negative, then a positive, I must say that she gives the most fantastic hugs now. You can ask, "Can I have a hug?" And she smiles really big and toddles over to you very fast and throws herself into a full body hug. It's quite lovely, I have to say. All those months of thankless nursing are finally paying off a year later.

Her hair is still very long. I have not given in to the urge to cut it. And I think I will be able to hold out until we go to Disney. The ladies at daycare managed to put it up in pigtails the other day. I tried, but couldn't manage it. But then, you know me and hair...

No comments: