Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Holy Monkey! Where Did November Go?!

I seriously cannot believe that we are midway through this month. And my last post was from the zoo, which seems just yesterday. Since then, we've been to High Point twice (once without the kids), the kids have both gotten nasty head colds, I have also been somewhat ill, both of our cars have broken down (mine was brakes, Chris' was the starter), I finally wrote my September and October monthly reports at work (yes, I was that far behind), Chris has helped move his mother into her new apartment (although we both wish we could do more), I've cancelled my Pampered Chef party due to too few participants, and I've written ONE blog entry -- this one.

The sad thing is... there's way more in my future. I have to take the car in next week to have the body work done from the accident last month. We are going to Maryland for Thanksgiving, which will be fun, but a long drive with two kids. I have to send out invitations for our big holiday party (not to mention plan it). I have to do all my Christmas shopping (although I did get a teensy bit done in High Point. And I'm going to take a yoga class in December to see how I like it.

Insanity.

What is it about the holidays that dictates we all run around like beheaded chickens? And if that weren't enough, I really should bake cookies and decorate the house and do all that fru-fru stuff.

I sure hope I don't explode. Sheesh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take the baby... apparently she thinks it's perfectly normal to bend her thumbs back to her wrists and to put her feet in her mouth.

I'm not so sure she hasn't been watching that "rubbery guy" from the Fantastic Four while I'm away at work.

Jessica said...

I am so glad you're back! I've been checking in...waiting, waiting...

The holidaze make me crazy too. I'm gonna make some cookies today and work on some projects. I'll probably even wrap some presents. I'm hoping it won't be TOO hectic this year...
Ha!

Brant said...

Don't forget your Christmas party, too.... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm glad you're back, too. I wondered if you were busy. I saw from Chris' blog that you guys went to MACE. It sounds like Chris had a pretty good time. How about you?

I'm not looking forward to the holidays either. We will probably be really busy too.

Anonymous said...

I don't think we can make the Christmas party. :(

I am SO bummed.