Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hmmmm...

I thought I had a couple of good topics to free me from an seemingly unending combination of writer's block and stuff I cannot write about related to kids and work and my own personal emotional issues. I found my high school diary, which is just as painful to read as it is fascinating, and I also am commiting to a 5K event in September, which should lead to some interesting preparation and planning.

However, last night, just before I sat down to start writing, I was browsing Facebook and once again, I suddenly lost all desire to write. I'm hoping that just by writing that I don't want to write anymore, I'll suddenly want to. Using a little reverse psychology on myself.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I hope from reading my email you realize that the reason I needle you about updating is because I actually want to know what's going on in your and Chris's lives. Moving away from your friends really really sucks.

JD said...

I find that Facebook is Too Much Information Scattered All Over the Place. It's like a cocktail party where the music is too loud and lots of people are talking and you have to strain to hear what someone is saying. I so much prefer a couple of paragraphs of coherent thought.

Maybe if you want to write again, you could just pick one little topic and write one or two little paragraphs. Tell us, for example, how Athena feels about starting Kindergarten. I'm sure she's weighed in on it in a cute way.

Anonymous said...

It's Facebook's fault, like JD said. You exert so much energy trying to come up with a witty line or two for your status update, that it saps your energy.

eaf said...

I would agree, except I've also cut way back on facebook. It's the paragraphs of coherent thought that just aren't coming forth. Bleh. Although reading my high school diaries reminds me that I used to have far worse writing problems than not being able to write.

Thanks for the encouragement. I do have some ideas brewing...